Cost US$ 119 Adults / US$89 Children(6-12)
Your exciting adventure tour starts with a ride in a 4x4 all-terrain vehicle that takes you to Rancho San Felipe, a small Maya family community where the Nohoch Nah Chich Cenote system is located (one of the longest explored underground river systems in the world).
Here you will take part in an unforgettable snorkeling adventure into the fresh waters of this underground river, swimming deep inside the caverns where you will observe stunning stalactite and stalagmite formations above and below this crystal-clear water.
You will then be transported to "Heavens Gate", another entrance to this beautiful underground river system, for a relaxing swim in its refreshingly cool waters.
A traditional Maya lunch prepared by the women of this community then awaits you at the ranch. After lunch you will have the opportunity to visit the ranch and its inhabitants, a small Maya family that have lived in this remote jungle location for the last 30 years.
The expedition then takes you on a sea-kayak trip out to the reef system where you will snorkel and observe the spectacular corals, sponges and tropical fish of the Mexican Caribbean.
- 8:00/8:30 Pick-up in Tulum Town and departure for Rancho San Felipe.
- 9:45 Arrival at Rancho San Felipe and snorkel trip.
- 11:00 Swim at "Heavens Gate" and relax in the hammocks.
- 12:00 Lunch at the Maya Ranch.
- 13:30 Board Unimogs and head out of the jungle to Punta Soliman Bay.
- 14:20 Arrival at Punta Soliman Bay.
- 14:50 Kayak and snorkel trip.
- 16:30 - 17:00 End of the expedition. Departure for Tulum town.
All times are approximate.
Comfortable footwear to walk in the jungle, swimming gear, extra T-shirt, towel, and extra cash (tips, photos, videos and souvenirs).
This expedition is not recommended for persons with severe back problems, or serious heart problems, nor for persons who suffer from claustrophobia or who don´t know how to swim. Children under 6 years and pregnant women.